LNC Cameras: Manually updating firmware
LNC Series cameras receive automatic firmware updates via the Internet. LNC Series cameras are equipped with WiFi capability, however an unstable WiFi connection can prevent firmware updates. You may need to manually update your firmware to ensure you have the most current functionality which may contain added features, or assist with smartphone and tablet compatibility.
To update the LNC camera firmware using a router:
- Use an Ethernet cable to connect your LNC camera directly to your router.
- Disconnect the camera from the included power adapter for 30 seconds, then reconnect. The camera should reconnect to the router using the Ethernet connection.
- When the camera powers on, a firmware update prompt will display in your client software or app if an update is available.
If the camera does automatically prompt for firmware updates, a manual update can also be performed using the L-View Client software.
To manually update camera firmware using L-View Client software:
- Ensure that the computer being used is connected to the same network as the camera.
- Download and install the latest L-View Client software compatible with your camera
- Launch the L-View Client software.
- Connect your camera(s) to the L-View Client software.
- In the Live View, right-click the camera to be updated.
- Click Web Configure > Admin > Upgrade. The L-View Client software will prompt for a firmware update if one is available.
- Follow the prompts to update firmware.
- Repeat steps 5-7 for additional cameras as necessary.