Image Quality: Color tint on camera
Ambient light levels and color temperature can affect the camera image quality. If the video feed appears tinted the ambient light may be causing an issue with the infrared (IR) LEDs or infrared (IR) cut filter.
To resolve the video feed color quality issue:
- Power cycle the camera. To power cycle your camera, please disconnect the power source for approximately 30 seconds. Reconnect the power source for the camera.
- To determine if low light levels are causing the issue, shine a flashlight in the lens for 3-5 seconds. Remove the flashlight and check if the video feed quality has improved.
- Check that the camera is receiving enough power to engage the IR LEDs. Cover the camera lens. Watch for the red LEDs to come on and listen for an audible click sound. This indicates the IR LEDs are turning on, and the camera is receiving enough power. If the camera is not receiving enough power to engage the infrared LEDs, connect the camera to a different power source.
- Re-position the camera so that it is in constant bright light, and ensure it is not pointing at reflective or shiny object (e.g., bodies of water or window panes).
- Move the camera out of direct exposure to the elements and adjust the sunshade (if applicable) and check all cable connections to the camera.
- Try using a different BNC cable or Power over Ethernet (PoE) / Ethernet cable to connect the camera to the back of the recorder.
- Ensure that the BNC or PoE cord length does not exceed the guideline set in your camera user manual. Image quality will degrade after the maximum recommended cable length. Click here for downloads and documentation for your product.
REMINDER: The color displayed from a Color Night Vision (CNV) camera may appear differently under incandescent or florescent lighting conditions. Adjusting the camera settings in the DVR / NVR menu may help to improve the quality of the video image. For more information on adjusting video image quality refer to your user manual. Click here for downloads and documentation for your product.