Storage: FLIR FX microSD card compatibility
The FLIR FX camera requires a microSD card (included) for saving recorded video files, images, and firmware update information. It does not require a microSD card for live viewing, setup, and settings unrelated to recording. If you are replacing the microSD card, it must be formatted and meet the following compatibility specifications:
- Minimum size: 8GB
- Maximum size: 64GB
- Class 10 or UHS class 1 or 3
- This indicates that the microSD card can support real-time video recording at 1080p.
- Using a card with a lower class is not recommeded as it may affect the performance of the camera.
- We recommend the brands: Adata, Kingston, Kingmax, Sandisk, SP, Transcend, and Toshiba.
- Click here for more information on choosing a compatible microSD card.
Insert the new microSD card into the camera, and then format the microSD card.
To format the microSD card:
- Launch the FLIR FX app or FLIR Secure app on your smartphone / tablet.
- Access the camera Live View.
- Tap the Settings icon () on your smartphone, or tap Settings > Configuration on your tablet.
- Scroll down to SD card and tap the Trashcan icon () to format your microSD card.