Storage: FLIR Cloud connection lost when microSD card is inserted
If the FLIR FX camera is dropped from the FLIR Cloud when a microSD card is inserted, the camera is likely experiencing a microSD card write failure. A write failure may also be indicated by both LEDs on the back of the camera turning amber. To resolve the microSD card write failure, remove the microSD card, disable the automatic recording triggers, then format the microSD card.
To disable automatic recording triggers:
- Press and hold the Power button () on the camera for 5 seconds to power camera off.
- Remove the microSD card from the camera. Gently push the card until you hear a click. Release, remove the card from the camera.
- Press the Power button () to power the camera back on.
- Launch the FLIR FX app on your smartphone or tablet. Connect to the camera via Cloud mode or Direct mode
- Access the camera Live View and tap the Settings icon ().
- Scroll to the Automatic Triggers section for smartphones, or tap Automatic Triggers for tablets.
- Tap each icon to disable all automatic triggers. The automatic trigger icons should be in a white circle when disabled.
- Tap Save.
- Insert the microSD card into the camera.
You are now ready to format the microSD card.
To format the microSD card:
- Access the camera Live View.
- Tap the Settings button () for smartphones, or Settings > Configuration for tablets.
- Scroll down to microSD card and tap the Trashcan icon ().
- Restart the FLIR FX app. The microSD card write failure should be resolved.