Error Message: FLIR FX - Failed to add camera
If you see the message Failed to add camera in the FLIR FX app, the camera is not successfully connecting to your WiFi network. This may be related to your WiFi settings, the position of your router, your network upload speed, or your FLIR FX camera settings.
To resolve your connection issue:
- Check that the WiFi password was entered correctly.
- Move the camera within 10 feet of the router. Once connected, move the camera to its permanent position.
- Physical barriers and distance can reduce WiFi signal strength and create connectivity issues. Consider using a WiFi extender to increase signal strength. Click here for more information on improving WiFi performance.
- Characters in the WiFi network name may prevent the FLIR FX camera from connecting. If applicable, change your wireless network name to contain only alphanumeric characters.
- Check your network upload speed. Each camera requires 1Mbps upload speed for Standard video quality, and up to 2.5Mbps for High Definition.
- Click here to download the Ookla Speedtest app and check your upload speed.
- The WiFi router throughput speed may be inadequate to support multiple cameras. Check with your router manufacturer on the throughput speed of your router.
- Restore your camera to default settings and reconnect to the WiFi network.
To restore your FLIR FX camera:
- Press and hold the REC button () and the WiFi button () on the camera at the same time. Release when you hear three beeps.
- The message Your camera has been reset will display in the FLIR FX app.
- Create a name and password, and select your WiFi network again.
REMINDER: Networking varies widely depending on the equipment and the environment.