MPX PTZ Cameras: Image not displaying
The Megapixel over Coax (MPX) Pan-Tilt-Zoom (PTZ) camera makes it possible to view large areas with a single camera connected to a DVR. Click here for assistance with setup and installation of your camera. Network PTZ cameras are also available for connecting to an NVR system. For assistance with Network PTZ camera setup, refer to your user manual. Click here for downloads and documentation for your product.
If the image is not displaying after the initial setup, there may be an issue with the camera's power source or connection to the DVR.
The following instructions require you to access your system using your DVR and a monitor.
To troubleshoot the MPX PTZ camera connected to a DVR:
- Ensure the power adapter is connected to a functional outlet or power bar.
- Ensure that the BNC connection is secure on both the DVR and the camera.
- Power cycle the DVR. To power cycle your recorder, please power off and disconnect the power source for approximately 30 seconds. Reconnect, and power on the recorder.
- Disconnect and reconnect the camera to the DVR. A re-connection can trigger the display.
- Try connecting to a different port on the DVR.
- If using a BNC coupler, remove the coupler, and plug the camera directly into the BNC port on the DVR.
- If the camera is still not showing a video image, try a different BNC cable from a camera that is functioning normally.
- Ensure that the BNC cord length does not exceed the guideline set in your camera's user manual. Image quality will degrade after the maximum recommended cable length. Click here for downloads and documentation for your product.