L-View Client Software: Enabling motion triggered recording on PC / Mac
L-View Client software can automatically record your LNC camera to your PC / Mac hard disk drive (HDD) when motion is detected. This is useful if you don’t want to miss any events that occur, but want to avoid recording and using up HDD space when nothing is happening.
- Download and install the L-View Client software. Click here for more information on locating software downloads.
- Connect to your camera using the L-View Client software:
- Click here for instructions on how to connect using a PC.
- Click here for instructions on how to connect using a Mac.
- Ensure your computer and LNC camera are connected on the same network.
The following instructions require you to access your system using the L-View Client software and a PC / Mac.
To enable motion triggered recording:
- Launch the L-View Client software for PC / Mac.
- Right-click on the camera Live View, then click Motion Recording.
- The recording icon above the camera will turn green () to show that motion recording is enabled.
- The recording icon will turn yellow () when motion recording is active.
- To disable motion triggered recording, right-click on the camera Live View and click Motion Recording again.