Select products using the Lorex Home app are compatible with voice commands through Amazon Alexa. Follow the steps below to connect your Lorex device to your Alexa environment.
- IMPORTANT: Users with a D841 Series DVR must ensure that voice assistance is enabled on the DVR. Click here for full instructions.
- Ensure you have completed setup of your Alexa-enabled device (e.g., Echo Show) using the Amazon Alexa app.
- Ensure your Lorex device is powered on and connected to the Internet.
- Complete setup of your Lorex device using the Lorex Home app. For full setup instructions, see the Lorex Home app manual on your product page on lorex.com
- Ensure your Lorex device is up-to-date with the latest firmware.
To add your Lorex device using the Amazon Alexa app:
Launch the Amazon Alexa app.
Tap the menu icon (), then tap Skills & Games.
- Tap then search for Lorex Home.
- Tap the Lorex Home skill, then tap ENABLE TO USE.
- Verify your Lorex Home account by entering the email address and password used for the Lorex Home app, then tap Sign in.
- Tap Authorize.
- Once your Lorex Home account has been authorized, exit the current screen.
- Tap DISCOVER DEVICES.
- When discovery is finished, tap CHOOSE DEVICE to select individual channels and tap SET UP DEVICE to set preferences per channel.
Congratulations! You are now ready to use Alexa to control your Lorex security camera system.