If during the camera setup you get this message:
Failed to find devices.
Here are some things you can try.
If it failed, make sure the camera is near the Lorex Smart Home Security Center (LSHSC) during setup.
- Ensure the antennas are upright to increase the range.
- Next, tap on Troubleshooting.
- Tap on the camera you are trying to add.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to reset the camera.
- Tap the X at the top left to exit.
- Tap back to go to the error message.
- Make sure the camera LED is flashing green and tap Try again.
If the camera is found, continue setting it up.
However, if you’re still unable to onboard the camera you can add it to the Lorex Home App first.
- Reset the camera again.
- Launch the Lorex Home app.
- Sign up or log in.
- Tap the + icon to add a new camera.
- Scan the QR code located on your camera.
Note: If your mobile device cannot scan the QR code, tap Manually Enter Device ID.
- Tap Next once the device ID has been recognized.
- When you’ve completed the on-screen instructions tap Next.
- Tap Join to connect to the hotspot created by the camera.
- Create a password for the camera.
Note: Keep a record of this password.
- Tap Next.
- Connect to your closest Wi-Fi connection.
- Tap Connect.
- Once the camera is connected tap Next.
- Rename the camera or tap on a preset name.
- Tap Complete.
You have successfully set up your camera.
Now that we have set up the camera on the Lorex Home app, we will connect it to the LSHSC.
- Tap the ‘Devices’ icon.
- Tap on I already have devices set up through the Lorex Home App.
- The LSHSC will search for available devices.
- Tap on the device(s) you wish to set up.
- Enter the camera’s password.
Note: This is the password you created when you added the camera with the Lorex Home app.
- Tap Save at the top right.
- Tap Next at the bottom.
- Tap Enter device name to name the camera.
- You can select from a preset or type a unique name.
- Tap Save.
- Tap Indoor or Outdoor depending on where the camera will be installed.
- Once you are done tap Next.
- Tap Done to finish complete this process.
You have successfully added the camera to your Lorex Smart Home Security Center.