USB Device: Formatting an external USB device using the DVR / NVR
The following instructions require you to access your system using your DVR / NVR and a monitor.
To format an external USB flash drive or self-powered external USB Hard Disk Drive:
CAUTION: Formatting the external USB device will erase all data. Back up data before formatting.
- Insert the external USB device (not included) into one of the USB ports.
- Right-click on the Live View to access the Quick Menu.
- Click Main Menu, and then click the Backup icon ().
- Click Backup.
- In the Device Name drop-down, select the type of external USB device you would like to format.
- Click Browse.
- Locate your external USB device, and then click Format.
- Click OK to confirm.