Security Cameras: Continuously restarting
If your camera is continuously restarting, there may be an issue with the power outlet, power adapter, or cables.
To resolve the restarting issue:
- If your camera uses a power adapter, connect the camera to a different, functional power outlet.
- If after connecting to a functional power outlet the issue is not resolved, try using a functional power adapter from a different camera.
- Connect the camera to a different port on your DVR / NVR or Power over Ethernet (PoE) switch. If possible, connect to a port currently in use by a working camera.
- Try using a different BNC or Ethernet cable. Cables can become faulty if bent, twisted, or broken.
- Ensure that the BNC or Ethernet cable length does not exceed the guideline set in your product specifications sheet. Image quality will degrade after the maximum recommended cable length. Click here for downloads and documentation for your product.
- Restore the camera to default settings. For more information on restoring default settings, refer to your camera user manual. Click here for downloads and documentation for your product.
- If using an SD card, remove the SD card and power cycle the camera.
- To power cycle your camera, please disconnect the power source for approximately 30 seconds. Reconnect the power source for the camera.
- If the camera restarts successfully insert the SD card and check if the issue occurs again. If the issue reoccurs, refer to your user manual for instructions on how to format the SD card. Click here for downloads and documentation for your product.