Some Wireless Home Monitor systems have an included AV cable to connect the system to a TV / external monitor for viewing on a larger screen. The Wireless Home Monitor screen can go blank when in AV mode. To deactivate AV mode press the AV button on the back of the monitor and disconnect the AV cable.
If the screen is still blank, or your system does not support AV mode there may be an issue with the power source or SD card.
To troubleshoot a blank screen:
- Connect the monitor to a functional power adapter and power outlet to ensure there is no issue with the power source.
- Remove the SD card and power cycle the monitor. To power cycle the monitor, please power off and disconnect the power source for approximately 30 seconds. Reconnect, and power on the monitor.
If the system powers on and the monitor functions normally:
- Power off the monitor and re-insert the SD card.
- Power the system on, if the monitor is functioning normally, the SD card needed to be reseated.
- If the system does not turn back on successfully after reseating the SD card, format the SD card using a computer, or insert a different compatible SD card. Repeat step 2. Click here for more information on SD card compatibility.
If the system does not power on:
- Remove the battery, unplug the monitor from power.
- Wait approximately 2 minutes.
- Reinsert the battery and connect to power.