D Series DVRs: Configuring smart motion detection
Set preferences for motion detection on each channel, and select channels you want to enable smart Person/Vehicle detection on.
NOTE: Depending on your system configuration, the maximum number of channels that support Person/Vehicle detection will vary. Check your recorder’s documentation for the maximum number of supported channels.
To configure motion detection:
From the Live View display, right-click to open the Quick Menu, then click Main Menu.
Click ALARM. Click the MOTION tab on the side panel, then Motion Detect on the top panel.
Select a channel to configure motion detection for.
Click to enable () / disable ( motion detection on the selected channel.
Click Setup next to Area to configure which areas of the image will be enabled for motion detection. A grid will appear on the monitor:
- The camera image appears with a red grid overlay. This means the entire image is enabled for motion detection.
- Click or click-and-drag to add / remove boxes from the active area. Cells that have been removed from the active area appear green.
- Hover near the top of the image to reveal zone selection. You can set up to 3 different zones with different sensitivity and threshold values.
- Right-click when finished.
Click Setup next to Schedule to choose which days and times of the week to enable motion detection:
- Click or click-and-drag along the each of the yellow timelines to quickly add or remove time from each day’s schedule in 15–minute segments.
- Click beside 2 or more days to link schedules (). This allows you to quickly change multiple schedules at once.
- To make fine adjustments to a schedule, click Modify. This will allow you to set exact start and end times for a schedule.
Choose how the system will react when motion is detected:
- Show Message: Check to enable an on-screen pop-up when one of your cameras detects motion. On-screen pop-up shows the channels an event occurred on and the type of event.
- Send Email: Check to enable email alerts. You must configure email alerts before you will be able to receive them.
- Record Channel: Select the channels that will record when motion is detected on the selected channel. Set the length of recording following a video loss event in the Post_REC field.
- PTZ Activation: Set connected PTZ cameras to start a tour, pattern, or go to a preset location.
- Sequence: Sequence mode will begin. Select the numbered tiles next to this option to include the corresponding channels in the sequence.
- Snapshot: Select the numbered tiles next to this option to save a snapshot of the corresponding channels.
- Buzzer: Check to enable the system buzzer.
Click Smart Motion Detection to enable Person/Vehicle detection:
- Click Enable to activate Person/Vehicle detection on the selected channel.
- Select a Sensitivity level (a high sensitivity value will detect smaller objects than a low value).
- Check Person/Vehicle.
- Click OK when finished.