In this guide, we will show you how to set up camera fusion via recorder.
How to set up camera fusion via recorder
Before you can connect your Wi-Fi camera to the recorder, there are some prerequisites you must follow.
You also need a few things at hand, including the following:
- A fusion-enabled recorder, updated to the latest firmware
- Compatible Wi-Fi camera(s), see all compatible cameras in the Fusion's FAQs page.
- A router
- A monitor
- A mouse
- HDMI cable
- Ethernet cable
- Access to the internet
IMPORTANT: Please make sure your Wi-Fi camera and the recorder are on the same network.
Part 1 - Preparation
- Please ensure your recorder is powered on and that it is Fusion-enabled (i.e., compatible). Verify your recorder’s model number and check here if it’s compatible.
- Connect your recorder to the router using an Ethernet cable.
- Connect your recorder to the monitor using an HDMI cable.
- If you have not done so yet, set up your recorder now via Setup Wizard.
- If your recorder is using old software, update it now to the latest firmware. Check our FAQ on how to upgrade your recorder to the latest firmware version.
- Connect your Wi-Fi camera to the Lorex Home app. Write down your camera password as you will need it shortly (note, you need your camera password, not your Lorex Home app’s password).
Part 2 - Connect your Wi-Fi camera to the recorder
Step 1. Go to Main Menu > Camera Menu > Remote Device.
Step 2. In the Remote Device settings, click Device Search.
Now, the camera(s) that you have previously added to the Lorex Home app should be detected and appear right away in the Device Search section.
Step 3. Check the box that corresponds to each camera.
Step 4. Then, click on Add.
Now, the camera should now appear in the Added Device section.
Step 5. In the Added Device list, click on the pencil icon under Modify to update the password of the camera you are adding.
Step 6. Click on the Password field.
Enter the password of your camera.
WARNING: The camera will lock itself if you enter the wrong password. If this happens, please power cycle the camera and go back to Step 1.
Step 7. Now, click on Connect, then at the bottom of the screen, click on Apply.
Your camera’s Live View should appear right away.
At the bottom of the screen click OK to close the popup window.
Congratulations! You have successfully fused your Wi-Fi camera with your recorder. You can now access your Wi-Fi camera on both the recorder and the Lorex Home app.