The Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP) is a network control protocol designed for use in entertainment and communications systems to control streaming media servers. The protocol is used for establishing and controlling media sessions between end points. You can access a Third Party RTSP streaming with certain models of DVR / NVR’s and IP cameras.
To access RTSP Third Party Streaming:
- Using your third party software, enter the RTSP address (default: rtsp://::@:/cam/realmonitor?channel=&subtype=).
- Enter your login information. Refer to your user manual for your default username and password.
- Enter the DVR / NVR IP address, located under your Network menu or System Information on your DVR / NVR.
- Enter the RTSP port (default: 554).
- Enter the channel number you would like to stream from.
Enter 1 if you want your camera to stream as substream, or enter 0 to stream as mainstream.
IMPORTANT: To view the RTSP stream over the internet, you must port forward the RTSP port (default: 554) on your router to the system’s IP address. Refer to your user manual for product specific instructions to port forward the RTSP port. Click here for downloads and documentation for your product.