Record full 1080p HD resolution on all 6 channels with this NVR for Wire-Free security cameras. With support for Active Deterrence and Person Detection features, along with Smart Home compatibility, this NVR combines both performance and convenience. Plenty of local storage allows you to keep your data private and not require costly cloud storage services. It is also easily connected to your smartphone, so you are always in the know of any motion events on your property. With this NVR as the cornerstone of your wire-free security camera system, you can expect smart and reliable security system recording to keep your home safe and secure.
Recorder and Camera
- Operating System: Embedded Linux
- Channels: 6 Channels
- VGA: No
- HDMI: Yes
- Video Output Resolutions: 1920×1080,1440×900, 1280×1024, 1280×720, 1024×768
- Ethernet: 8P8C 10/100 Base-T
- USB: USB 2.0
Playback & Display
- Multi Screen Display: 1/4/6/8
- Frame Rate: Max 20 fps (Single Camera) @2MP/ Channel, Max 100 fps Total @2MP/Channel
- On Screen Display: Yes
- Control: Mouse, Lorex Cirrus app
- Update Options: Network, USB
- Playback Functions: Play, Pause, Stop; Fast forward/backward (2×, 4×, 8×); Slow forward (½×, ¼×, ⅛×); Step forward/ backward
- Compression: H.264, H.265+
- Resolution: 1920 × 1080 (FHD)
- Event Type: Motion Detection, Person Detection
- Modes: Motion Only (default setting) / Continuous (requires HDD & continuous power from outlet to cameras)
- Post-event: 0 min, ½ min, 1 min, 2 min, or 5 min
Storage & Archive
- External: microSD Class 10 or Higher (Up to 256 GB)
- Internal: HDD 2.5" SATA HDD (Up to 1 TB) non-upgradable
- Backup Media: USB, HDD, Network
- Backup File: Format MP4 / LF
- Remote App Clients: Web, iOS, Android, iPadOS
- Voice Assistance: Google Assistant
- Protocol Support: TCP/IP, UDP/IP, RTP(UDP), RTP(TCP), RTSP, NTP, HTTP, DHCP, SMTP, DNS, DDNS
- Housing Material: Plastic
- Input Voltage: 12 VDC
- Input Current: 2 A
- Power consumption: 5 W (when HDD is not connected)
- Operating Temperature: 32 °F – 104 °F / 0 °C – 40 °C
- Operating Humidity: 20% – 85% RH
- Weather Rating: Indoor Use Only
- Imaging Device: 1/2.7" CMOS
- Sensor Resolution: 2 MP
- Resolution: 1920 × 1080
- Scanning System: Progressive
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Min. Colour Illumination: 0.05lux @ F1.2(AGC ON)
- Min. B/W Illumination: 0 lux @ IR ON
- Video Transmission: Wi-Fi
- Lens Type: Fixed
- Focal Length: 2.8mm
- Aperture: f1.8
- Diagonal Field of View: 140°
- Horizontal Field of View: 120°
- Vertical Field of View: 65°
- Person Detection: Yes
- Microphone: Yes
- Speaker: Yes
- Deterrence Light: Yes
- 2-Way Talk: Yes
- Shutter Mode: Auto
- Gain Control: Auto
- White Balance: Auto
- Wide Dynamic Range: D-WDR
- Digital Noise Reduction: 3D
- Signal to Noise Ratio: ≤40 dB
- IR Cut Filter: Auto
- Night Vision Distance (max.): 60ft / 18m
- Transmission Distance (max., outdoors, line of sight): 1000ft / 330m
- PIR Distance (max.): 26ft / 8m
- Operating Temperature/Humidity: -22°F – 122 °F / -30°C – 50°C, <90% RH, Startup: 14°F ~ 122°F / -10°C ~ +50°C
- Ingress Protection: IP66
- Color / Material: White / Plastic
- Power: 1.8 W
- Current: 465 mA (active), 248 μA (sleep)
- Voltage: 4.2 VDC
Recorder - How many wire-free cameras can I connect to my recorder?
You can connect up to 6 wire-free cameras to your recorder.
Recorder - What is the image resolution of L222A8 recorder?
The recorder can record 1080p full HD video.
Recorder - What are the smart features of the recorder?
The recorder is equipped with motion detection and person detection.
Recorder - How to convert your wire-free system to wired and record continuously?
Converting to wires system
Converting your wire-free security system to wired will also give you the option to record continuously.
To achieve this, please ensure the following:
- Your recorder must be equipped with a hard drive storage.
- Your wire-free cameras must be connected to the power adapters at all times.
To set your recorder to record continuously, please follow these steps:
Step 1. Go to Main Menu > Settings > Recording Schedule.
Step 2. In the Recording Schedule overview, select Continuous.
Step 3. Click Save when finished.
Camera - What is the resolution of the camera?
The camera can capture 1080p full HD footage.
Camera - How to charge the Power Pack?
Step 1. Remove the Power Pack from the wire-free camera by pushing on the release tabs.
Step 2. Connect the included power adapter to the microSD port on the Power Pack, with the connector securely plugged in to ensure a weather-resistant seal.
Battery - How long does it take to charge the Power Pack?
The Power Pack that comes with your wire-free camera is fully charged. We highly recommend that you refrain from using 3rd party micro USB power adapters to charge the Power Pack due to power requirements of the camera.
The charging time of the2-cell battery is approximately 6 hours.
The charging time of the 3-cell battery is approximately 8 hours.
NOTE: The Power Pack LED flashes red while outside the safe charging temperature 32-113°F (0-45°C). In this state, the camera remains powered up, but the Power Pack will not charge outside the safe temperature range.
Battery - What is the battery life of the Power Pack?
The battery life of the Power Pack largely depends on how often the camera turns on to record events. Please be mindful that if a camera is installed in a high-traffic area, the Power Pack will deplete quickly as compared to a very low traffic area.
In normal recording circumstances (i.e., 24 events per day), the 2-cell battery has an approximate battery life of around 4 months.
In normal recording circumstances (i.e., 24 events per day), the 3-cell battery has an approximate battery life of around 6 months.
Camera - How to install the camera?
Please follow the instructions below to mount your camera.
Step 1. Set the mounting bracket in the desired mounting position. Mark holes through the mounting bracket.
Step 2. Drill holes where marked for the mounting screws using the included drill bit (item C provided in the toolkit with your wire-free system).
Step 3. Secure the bracket to the mounting surface with the included mounting screws (×4). Make sure all screws are fastened tightly using the included screwdriver (item A+B provided in the toolkit with your wire-free system).
NOTES: Insert the included drywall anchors if you are mounting the camera onto drywall. The hole at the top of the mounting bracket will be used in Step 5, once the camera is attached to the mounting plate.
Step 4. Lower the camera base onto the mounting bracket so the 2 tabs in the mounting bracket lock into the 2 slots in the camera base.
Step 5. Insert the security screw through the fasteners on the top of the camera base and mounting bracket to secure the camera to the mounting bracket. Tighten using the included screwdriver (item A+B provided in the toolkit with your wire-free system).
Step 6. OPTIONAL: To prevent the pre-installed locking screw from being easily removed, tighten it on the base of the Power Pack using the included screwdriver (item A+B in toolkit).
Step 7. Adjust the angle of the camera. Twist the adjustment ring counterclockwise to reposition the camera. Tighten the adjustment ring when finished.
Step 8. OPTIONAL: Use the included cable clips to complete the installation. Remove the protective strip to uncover the adhesive on the cable clip to attach to the mounting surface.
NOTE: You will need to loosen the locking screw to remove the Power Pack in the future.