- See your recorder’s instruction manual to set up your security system.
- Connect your recorder to your router using an Ethernet cable (included). * Upgrade your recorder to the latest firmware version.
- Download the latest version of the Lorex Cloud app from the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Up to 3 authorized users can access the remotely connected security system at the same time using the Lorex Cloud app.
- The app will ask for permission to send push notifications and to access Photos. It will only send notifications if you enable motion-activated push notifications in the Push Config menu. It needs access to Photos to save snapshots and video clips to the local storage on your mobile device.
The first time you power up your system, you will be asked to create a new, secure password. Follow the instructions below for remote access to your security system after you have created a new secure system password through your recorder.
- Download and install the free Lorex Cloud app from the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Tap the Lorex Cloud icon to open the app.
- Tap Live view iconthen device list icon
- Tap DVR/NVR/IP Camera.
- Configure the following:
- Register Mode: Select Device ID.
- Name: Choose a name for your system of your choice.
- Device ID: Tap the QR code icon () and line up the QR code on the top of your system using the camera on your mobile device.
OR Under Device ID, manually enter the Device ID printed on the label.
- Client Port: Enter the client port (default: 35000 ).
- User Name: Enter the system’s user name (default: admin ).
- Password: Enter the system’s password (your new, secure password created during initial recorder setup).
NOTE If you are accessing your system for the first time, you must create a new password through your recorder. See your recorder’s instruction manual for more details.
- Tap Connect. The app opens in Live View and streams video from your cameras.