N845, N846, N864, N847 Series: Setting Your Recorder's Smart Plan (New Local UI)
The following article provides instructions for setting your recorder's smart plan features.
To use a smart feature on your camera, it must be enabled in the Smart Plan settings from your recorder. You can select the smart plan feature for each of your cameras.
Note: Certain smart plan features are compatible with certain Lorex IP cameras. For a complete list of compatible cameras, navigate to your recorder series at lorex.com/compatibility.
Set your smart plan features
- From the Live View display of your recorder, right-click to open the Quick Menu, then click Main Menu.
- Click Events, then Event Settings. Click the Smart Plan tab from the side panel.
- Select the camera you would like to enable a smart plan feature on.
- Select the icon for a smart feature that you want to enable:
- Face Detection. The face detection feature cannot be used simultaneously with other smart plans and is disabled by default. To enable the face detection feature, disable all other smart plans.
- Heat Map
- Smart Motion Detection, Safeguard, and Active View
- Package and Envelope Detection. For certain Lorex IP cameras, the package and envelope detection feature cannot be used simultaneously with other smart plans and is disabled by default. In such a case, disable all other smart plans to enable the package and envelope detection feature.
Note: When a smart feature icon is enabled, the icon will be blue. Select the individual smart feature icon again to disable. When a feature has been disabled, the icon will be white.
- Click Apply to save changes.
For full instructions on configuring smart motion detection features on each camera, refer to your recorder's Series Manual on the product support page. Visit help.lorextechnology.com and search your recorder's model number.