The following article provides Lorex Home app and recorder instructions for using the Siren deterrence feature on your wired IP deterrence cameras.
Table of Contents:
- Manually Activate the Siren (Lorex Home App)
- Set the Siren Settings (New Local UI)
- Manually Activate the Siren (New Local UI)
The system allows you to activate the siren to play alarm noises and deter intruders. Select channels that you want to enable the siren on and adjust preferences.
Certain Lorex deterrence IP cameras have a built-in speaker that can play alarm sounds to deter intruders. You can manually activate the siren feature from the Lorex Home App or activate different siren alarms from the recorder.
The Siren is compatible with certain Lorex IP cameras. For a complete list of compatible cameras, navigate to your recorder series at lorex.com/compatibility.
Manually Activate the Siren (Lorex Home App)
Pre-requisite: Download the Lorex Home app and connect your system. Refer to the article DVR / NVR - Download the Lorex Home App for full instructions.
- Open your Lorex Home app and login.
- Under your recorder, swipe left and tap on a compatible deterrence camera.
- In the Live View display, tap the Siren icon.
The siren will play for 10 seconds. Tap again to manually turn it off.
Set the Siren Settings (New Local UI)
- From the Live View display, right-click to open the Quick Menu, then click Main Menu.
- Click Events, then Event Settings. Click the Siren tab from the side panel.
- Select a channel of a connected deterrence camera.
- Select one of the siren options from the drop-down list.
- Click Apply to save changes.
Manually Activate the Siren (New Local UI)
In the Live View display, hover the mouse pointer near the top of the camera image to reveal the Camera Toolbar. Click the siren icon to activate the siren.
For detailed instructions on configuring your system, refer to your recorder's Series Manual on the product support page. Visit help.lorextechnology.com and search your recorder's model number.