Your recorded video files are stored on your LHV / LNR Series DVR / NVR hard disk drive (HDD). Formatting the HDD deletes all saved files. It is recommended to format any newly installed HDD before recording.
Format the HDD if:
- There is an issue with the HDD recording video.
- You have installed a new HDD in your system. A new HDD must be formatted before it can record.
- You want to eliminate recorded video
REQUIREMENT: Back up data before formatting. Formatting the HDD will erase all data.
You can format the HDD directly on most DVR / NVR systems. For system specific instructions on formatting your HDD, refer to your product manual. Click here for downloads and documentation for your product.
The following instructions require you to access your system using your DVR / NVR and a monitor.
To format the HDD:
- Right-click on the Live View to access the Quick Menu.
- Click Main Menu, and then click the Setting icon ().
- Click Storage > HDD Manager.
- Select the hard drive you want to format, and then click Format.
- If system prompts for confirmation, click OK to confirm.
Click OK again to save changes and begin formatting.
REMINDER: The system will restart to complete the formatting process.