U424AA - 2K Wire-Free Camera : Frequently Asked Questions
The following FAQ article answers many of the general questions about the 2K Wire-Free Camera (U424AA). Where applicable, the FAQ includes links to articles where you may find more information.
Does the camera battery pack come fully charged?
The camera battery comes partially charged (due to safety regulations). Please, fully charge the battery before use and setup. You can charge the battery pack inside or outside of the camera.
What is the resolution of the camera?
The camera can capture 2K full HD footage.
How to install 2K Wire-Free Camera?
Set the mounting bracket in the desired mounting position.
Mark holes through the mounting bracket.
Using the included drill bit, drill holes where marked.
Using the included screwdriver, secure the bracket with the provided mounting screws.
Optional: If you are mounting the camera into drywall, use the provided drywall anchors.
Align the camera’s mounting plate slots to the tabs in the mounting bracket. Push in and slide down to secure in place.
Insert the security screw through the fasteners on the top of the camera and mounting bracket, then tighten with the screwdriver.
Tighten the pre-installed locking screw using the screwdriver.
Note: To remove the power pack in the future, loosen the locking screw.
Adjust the camera to the desired position. Tighten the adjustment ring clockwise.
How to setup camera with Lorex Cirrus app?
- Download the Lorex Cirrus app by scanning the QR code.
You can also visit Google Play or Apple Store to download Lorex Cirrus app.
Open the Lorex Cirrus app.
From the Home screen, select your recorder from the list of devices.
Tap any free channel marked with icon to pair a camera to the channel.
Tap Pair. A thirty second timer will appear.
- Press and hold the pairing button on the back of the camera until the red LED lights stop flashing, then release the pairing button. A ‘Pairing success!’ message will appear on screen. If you do not see this message, repeat steps 3-6.
Are the cameras Solar Panel compatible?
Yes. Click here to purchase.
Why is the Solar Panel not charging my cameras?
Make sure of the following:
- Fully charge the camera battery pack. Refer to the product documentation for charging instructions.
- Choose a location for the solar panel with plenty of direct sunlight exposure. Do not install in a covered or shaded area. Performance is dependent on temperature and light exposure.
- You must have the latest camera firmware. Upgrading the NVR firmware will not resolve compability issues.
To upgrade the camera firmware:
- Call tech support at 1 888 425 6739 and request the latest camera firmware.
- Place the file on a USB drive (not included).
- Insert the USB drive into one of the USB ports.
- From the NVR Live View screen, click > Setup > System > Maintenance > Upgrade.
- Click Select File
- The drive menu appears. Navigate to and select the .bin firmware file, then click OK.
- Click Upgrade to confirm when the pop-up appears.
- Allow 5-10 minutes for the camera and system to reboot. Do not power off the recorder or cameras during the firmware upgrade.
Picture from camera is dropping
- Move the camera closer to the recorder.
- Try repositioning the camera, recorder, or both to improve the reception.
Camera is not detecting motion
- Your camera may be too far away from the area of interest. Try to keep the camera within 20ft (6.1m) of the area you want to monitor.
- Ensure your camera is installed in an optimal location and motion detection is properly configured. For full instructions on how to set Motion Detection settings, see Configuring Motion Detection.
Picture is too bright
- Ensure your camera isn’t pointed directly at a source of light (e.g., sun or spot light).
- Move your camera to a different location.
Night vision is not working
The night vision activates when light levels drop. The area may have too much light.
Picture is not clear
- Check the camera lens for dirt, dust, spiderwebs. Clean the lens with a soft, clean cloth.
- Too much environmental interference will affect picture clarity. Move your camera to a different location.
Bright spot in video when viewing at night
Night vision reflects when pointing a camera through a window. Move the camera to a different location.
Picture has become choppy
- Ensure the camera resolution is set to 720p.
- Move the camera closer to the recorder.
- Remove obstructions between the recorder and camera. Materials such as brick, concrete and wood can significantly impact the wireless signal strength.
System is not receiving power, or is not powering up
- Confirm that all cables are firmly connected to the recorder.
- Confirm that the power adapter is securely connected to the back of the unit.
- Confirm that the system is powered on (LED indicators on the front should be ON).
- If the unit is connected through a power bar or surge protector, try bypassing the bar and connecting the power directly to the wall outlet.
- Confirm that there is power at the outlet:
- Connect the power cable to another outlet.
- Test the outlet with another device (such as a lamp or phone charger).
There is no picture on monitor/TV after connecting it to the recorder
- Power off the monitor/TV and the recorder. Power on the monitor/TV, and then power on the recorder.
- Ensure that the monitor/TV is set to the input channel that the recorder is connected to.
- Check the video cable connection to the recorder and the monitor/TV.
Mouse not detected by system
- Remove then firmly reconnect the mouse cable to one of the USB ports marked Mouse / Backup.
- Power off the system (disconnect power cable). Firmly connect a USB mouse to one of the USB ports. Reconnect the power cable to the 12V DC port on the rear panel.
The edges of the recorder’s on-screen display are cut off
If you are using an older Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) monitor, you may need to enable overscan.
The image on one or more of my cameras is distorted or discolored
- The system uses the region entered in the setup wizard to intelligently determine the video format for your region.
- To change the region, enter the main menu. Under System, click General, then click the Date and Time tab. Use the dropdown next to Time Zone to select the correct region, then click Save. The system takes some time to refresh and reboot.
The camera beeps during motion detection
Click icon on the bottom-right corner of the taskbar.
Click Setup, then click System.
Click Alarm tab.
Use the dropdown next to Buzzer to select Disable for any channels you want to disable the buzzer for, then click Save.
I am not receiving email notifications
- Ensure you have configured email notification.
- If you want to use your own SMTP server, you must enter your SMTP server address, SMTP port, username, and password in the appropriate fields.