The following article provides instructions for enabling audio recording on your wired camera.
Important: Audio recording and listen-in audio are disabled by default. Audio recording and/or use of listen-in audio without consent is illegal in certain jurisdictions. Lorex Corporation assumes no liability for use of its products that does not conform with local laws.
Enable audio recording and listen-in audio:
- From the Live View display, right-click and click Main Menu. Enter the system user name (default: admin) and password.
- Click Devices and select Record Settings.
- Under Channel, select the channel where the audio-capable camera is connected.
- Under Main Stream, click the More Setting button.
- In the More Setting window:
- Enable Audio Encode for audio recording and listen-in audio.
Note: Listen-in audio requires a monitor with speakers or speakers connected to the recorder.
- Select the format that will be used to record audio. ACC or G.711A is recommended.
- Click OK to save changes.
These instructions are based on the current system interface. For the most up-to-date instructions, see your recorder's instruction manual on help.lorextechnology.com. Search your recorder's model number to access the product support page.