Smart Home: Connect Lorex App devices to Amazon Alexa
Select products using the Lorex App are compatible with voice commands through Amazon Alexa. Follow the steps below to connect your Lorex device to your Alexa environment.
- IMPORTANT: Users with a D841 Series DVR must ensure that voice assistance is enabled on the DVR. Click here for full instructions.
- Ensure you have completed setup of your Alexa-enabled device (e.g., Echo Show) using the Amazon Alexa app.
- Ensure your Lorex device is powered on and connected to the Internet.
- Complete setup of your Lorex device using the Lorex App. For full setup instructions, see the Lorex App manual on your product page on lorex.com
- Ensure your Lorex device is up-to-date with the latest firmware.
Follow these steps to link your Amazon Alexa account directly within the Lorex App:
Launch the Lorex App.
Tap the settings icon () then find Amazon Alexa.
- Tap Allow Alexa.
- Link your account with Alexa.
Congratulations! You are now ready to use Alexa to control your Lorex security camera system.