How to Change or Reset Your Recorder's Password (Compatible with Lorex Cloud App)
You can change your recorder's password for security reasons or reset it if you've forgotten it.
Important: These instructions are for recorders that are supported by the Lorex Cloud app.
- For the full list of compatible recorders, please see the Product Compatibility Chart for Apps & Software.
- For recorder's that are supported by the Lorex App, please see the article How to change or reset your recorder's password (compatible with Lorex App).
Change or reset your recorder's account password
- Retrieve your recorder's Device ID. You can locate the Device ID in the following ways:
- On the side panel of your recorder, alongside the Device ID's QR Code.
- In your recorder's system, right-click then click Info.
- In the Lorex Cloud app, go to Settings > Device Info.
Once you have the Device ID at hand, please take a picture of the Device Info screen and the sticker with the serial number and model number found on unit. Contact our technical support at 1-888-425-6739 and ask for a temporary password so that you can access your recorder and reset the password.
Note: The pictures needed is for security verification. Our technical support will ask you to send the pictures before assisting you in resetting the recorder's password.
Login to your recorder using the system username (default: admin) and the temporary password.
- Right-click, then click Main Menu.
- Click Settings > System > Account > User.
Under the admin username, click the pencil icon to Modify.
Configure the following settings:
- Modify Password: Check to change or reset the password for the system.
- Old Password: Enter the temporary password.
- New Password: Enter your new, secure password.
Note: Passwords for the system must be a minimum of 8 characters, and must include at least 2 of the following character types: lowercase, uppercase, numeric, and special characters.
- Confirm Password: Re-enter your new, secure password.
- Click OK to save your changes.
You can now use your new account password to login to your recorder.